How to care for your outdoor fibrestone and fibreglass furniture.
Your furniture may require different levels of care depending on the environment in which it is used. In general, monthly cleaning and maintenance of your outdoor furniture is recommended to help prevent damage.
Fibrestone is a high-temperature ceramic/steel composite of high purity refractory ceramic. Fibrestone gives the look of concrete/stone but weighs a fraction of the natural material.
Outdoor fibrestone products are finished with a PU lacquer. The PU lacquer seal protects the product from minor marks and/or stains.
- Clean surface with mild soap and a clean cloth. Ensure that the pieces are rinsed thoroughly with clean water to remove any residue.
- To remove regular stains, use a soft brush with mild soap. The soft brush will help to lift any surface dirt. Again, rinse the piece thoroughly with clean water to remove any residue.
- Use coasters and placemats when dining. Coasters will help absorb sweating by beverage glasses or cups and prevent hot mugs or cups from leaving a ring. Placemats will catch spills and prevent dishes from scratching the table.
- When placing hot food dishes on the tabletop always use a trivet, mat or hot pad.
- It is recommended that objects are not left on the surface in the same spot for extended periods of time.
- At times, water mineral build-up can accumulate on the surface caused by regular usage or exposure to excess moisture or heat. If this problem occurs, wash the surface with soft brush, mild detergent and water followed by a rinse with clean water. If this does not remove the mineral build-up, use a product like Lime-A-Way with a soft brush, followed by soapy water and rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- For more stubborn stains, the use of a more abrasive cleaner may be required. We recommend using Ajax Powder cleanser with a soft brush and rinse thoroughly with clean water.
*Content and Image Credit @globewest